This week was spent recuperating from the traveling and so I won’t be posting “Our Week in Pictures” since I did not really document our activities this week. However, we did try to get into the fall spirit by doing some marble painting of a maple leaf. I had no idea what marble painting was until I found this on Pinterest. It can be done with anything really, but we used it to paint a fall leaf.
What You Need
- White Paper
- Black Marker
- Orange, Red, Brown, Green, and Yellow Paint
- Five Marbles
- Empty Oatmeal Container
- Draw out a leaf or print one on white paper. Outline the leaf using a thick black marker.
- Coat the marbles in the paint; one marble for each color.
- Place the drawing of the leaf inside the oatmeal container. Make sure to press the paper against the sides of the container.
- Put all of the marbles in the container.
- Roll and shake the container (have fun with it).
- Coat the marbles again and repeat until painting is complete.
- Take the paper out and lay flat to dry.
- Cut the leaf out and glue onto construction paper.
Little Duck really enjoyed this activity. We learned the word for leaf. We reviewed the names of the colors. And then we just started shaking and rolling the oatmeal container. Her favorite part of the activity was coating the marbles in the paint. My favorite part was how seriously she was taking the shaking and rolling. Her eyebrows were scrunched together as if she was doing some very important work that needed her utmost focus and attention. I tried my best to get her to laugh and be silly, but she wasn’t having it. It was an important piece of art that she proudly hung up next to her cinnamon scented apple.